Friday, April 3, 2015

36 Weeks

With a big sigh of relief, we are so happy that we have made it to full term. If Kennedy decides to make her appearance before April 20, they will do what they can. On the other hand, as time is quickly winding down, there seems to be endless things to do. As there always seems to be an endless list of things to do before having a baby, I feel like my list seems twice as long this time around as we won't be home in a few days after delivery. Trying to set up arrangements to get the dog home to Ohio with my dad (even though it will break my heart to see her go, and I will cry like a little baby), packing bags for Blaine, Carsyn, and I and not knowing how much to pack, getting last minute baby items that we will need, etc. my list seems to just go on and on and on. It's kind of overwhelming when all I want to do is sleep, as I haven't been sleeping well with the combination of being uncomfortable and my racing mind. Carsyn has been sick this past week, and thankfully my aunt, uncle, and little cousins were visiting this week over their spring break, and they were beyond a HUGE help and allowing me to nap for 2+ hours almost everyday.

Our doctors appointments haven't been anything dramatic, as of late, praise God. Nothing much has changed in regards to the ascites (fluid in her abdomen), but her heart is still pumping strong and her biophysical profile looks great. As the stress from the appointments has been minimal, with time ticking down so quickly, we have been getting pretty emotional. Our emotions seem to be running wild and are going in every direction. I absolutely cannot wait to see her, but on the other hand I am so scared, nervous, and anxious. I know things will be hard and this is going to be a lifelong journey, but I guess you never know the circumstances until you are in the moment. I hate this feeling, but it's extremely difficult seeing all our friends having adorable, happy, and healthy babies, along with happy families with their new bundles of joy. I feel so selfish and jealous, but I feel like it's not something I can control. I don't know when I will even be able to hold Kennedy, or what her health will be like when she arrives, besides being already very, very sick. Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly happy for all those people, I just wish I could join them in that realm.

Blaine will be traveling to Louisville, KY next weekend and Virginia the following weekend for track meets. And in 17 short days, Kennedy is scheduled to arrive. Please continue to pray for us as this journey is just beginning.

The pictures below were taken by Amie of A Stitch in Time Photography from Haslett, MI. Thank you to Blaine's athletes for this amazing gift, and an even bigger thank you to Amie for donating her time and sessions to us to help capture some beautiful photos along this difficult journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment